We are hiring for the position of Senior Lighting Estimator. Chesapeake Lighting, the premier lighting agency for Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Maryland, is seeking to expand its sales team. Energetic, enthusiastic, and well organized team players are welcome to apply and become a member of our growing organization.
The Senior Lighting Estimator:
• Collaborates with management, sales and specifications teams to effectively achieve sales goals
• Continuously works for organizational process improvement, providing input to management and the sales and specifications teams to refine processes and focus on new and emerging lighting opportunities
• Accurately delivers on-time lighting estimates to meet daily customer requests
• Enters, updates and maintains daily quotation activities
• Negotiates with distributor customers to sell and promote the company’s products for lighting opportunities
• Regularly follows up on previously quoted lighting estimates
• Responds to customer requests for value engineering, alternate lighting packages, inquires, suggestions, and other details, by phone, email, conference call or customer meeting
• Suggests and implements closing business strategies relative to specific sales opportunities
• Education: BS / BA degree preferred – equal lighting experience accepted
• Experience: minimum of 3 to 5 years of lighting estimating experience
• Proficient in Microsoft office – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Previous estimating software experience with Oasis or Cahill a plus • Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to continue career development through education and understanding of changing lighting technologies
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and growing business
• Customer focused approach and ability to learn and adapt to needs and changes quickly
• If you are an experienced Lighting Estimator working for a lighting agency outside the Washington/Baltimore area, and are interested in this position – but not interested in relocating, a full-time home office position would be considered.
Starting salary to commensurate with education and experience. We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package which includes: holidays; vacation leave; personal/sick time; medical, dental and vision benefits; employee 401(k); company profit sharing and more.
If interested in applying, please send your confidential resume to: Careers@chesapeakelighting.com
Chesapeake Lighting is an EEO Employer